Start date: Autumn term 2019
Salary: Group 6 L21- L 35 Starting Salary L28 £77,613
(an appointment is expected to be made at point 28, however can be negotiated for an exceptional candidate.)
Oakfield School and Sport College is looking to appoint a successor to our current inspirational head teacher. Oak Field School is a Special School for 170 pupils aged 3-19 with a wide range of learning difficulties: CLDD (complex learning difficulties and disabilities), PMLD (profound and multiple learning difficulties) and SLD (severe learning difficulties).
Governors are seeking a leader who is dynamic, caring and passionate about making a difference to the educational and wider lives of the children and young people of Nottingham. With the school deemed Outstanding by OFSTED in the last 3 inspections (most recently in February 2018), Governors are determined that the school’s reputation is carried forward and enhanced. As a member of the Nottingham Schools Trust, the Governors are committed to working closely with the local authority as an LA School. Oak Field is a modern purpose-built school, and Governors desire that it remains at the heart of the community of the City, working closely with parents and families and with partners such as both local Universities, the Arts and Sports communities and local business.
The successful candidate will find:
- pupils who are keen to come to school to engage in learning
- a dedicated, talented and committed staff team
- a modern, bright, well-resourced and well cared-for school building, with plenty of outdoor spaces where learning can take place beyond the classroom
- a supportive governing body with a wide range of experience, who work in close partnership with the whole school community
- opportunities to further develop professional and leadership skills
Governors are looking for someone who:
- will be an outstanding leader with proven experience of raising aspirations, expectations and attainment
- is creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative in their approach
- is excited by challenge and will drive the school forward.
- is a strategic thinker and an outstanding practitioner with a clear focus on continuous improvement
- has a heartfelt commitment to delivering a clear vision for the school, to ensure that our children look back with pride and forward with confidence
- will lead, inspire and foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders
- will further enhance our ethos, vision and values
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school and its website before applying. School visits will be hosted by the head teacher and will take place on 17th January 2019 after school, 11th and 22nd January 2019 in the morning and 16th and 17th January 2019 in the afternoon. To arrange a visit please contact David S Stewart O115 9153265 (for email addresses please click on the 'Apply Now' button)
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2019
Interview: Interviews will take place on 27th and 28th February 2019
A commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is essential, and the successful applicant will be required to have an enhanced DBS check carried out prior to commencing employment.