Do you want to lead a dynamic, thriving, Catholic organisation that puts the students at the heart of everything we do? Do you want to be able to access centralised business services so that you can concentrate on the young people in your care, teaching and learning, and staff development, fully supported by a Director of Performance and Standards? If so, we at the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust want you to join us on our journey to change the lives of the young people in our care.
St Paul’s is an oversubscribed, good school with an outstanding Sixth Form (Ofsted 2018) and we are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and inspirational leader to take it to its next stage of development.
St Paul’s School, as part of the Catholic community, reflecting its hopes, beliefs and values, strives to develop the full worth and potential of each young person, so that all may become responsible and contributing members of society (from the Mission Statement).
This is what the Lord asks of you: to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with your God (The School prayer).
The successful candidate will currently be an Outstanding Leader who is:
- A practising Catholic with strong personal faith and a vision for whole school Catholic education.
- Have a proven record of successful leadership, a clear understanding and knowledge of a range of strategies and interventions which have secured improved outcomes for all pupils
- Have an analytical, robust and strategic approach to school improvement.
- Committed to the academic, spiritual and personal development of all students.
- Insistent on excellent teaching and learning, and sustaining the enlightened development of the learning community.
- Be aspirational and ambitious for all members of the school community.
- Able to motivate, engage, inspire staff, pupils and parents
- Committed to the ethos and growth of St. Paul’s school and its outreach into the Church and the community.
The school offers:
- A strong Catholic community of Faith which embraces and values staff and young people of all faiths and none.
- Exceptional career development within and beyond our Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
- A strong leadership team committed to securing excellence for all students
- A staff team who are ambitious for students but at the same time are a supportive family
- Governors who are hard-working, experienced and supportive.
- The unwavering support of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic MAT executive team and Trust Board.
- An exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead a good school with the potential to achieve outstanding.
Visits to the school can be arranged by calling Helen Oliver at the school office .
Closing date for completed applications is Thursday 24th January 2019 at 10am.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.