Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher we have a vacancy from January 2020.
The Governors are looking to appoint an exceptional, innovative and inspirational Headteacher who will take the school to the next level building upon the improvements already made across the school. Currently we have 1000 on roll and on an upward trend.
We are situated to the south of Pontypool and serve students from a wide set of communities. We are committed to give our students the maximum opportunity to develop their potential and to do so in a caring and supportive environment.
• Have a track record of success and proven leadership skills.
• Have a clear focus on advancing effective teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to maintain and develop the partnerships between our school, our parents, our cluster schools, the Local Authority and the wider community.
• Have a passion to provide the best educational opportunities for all our pupils.
• Inspire and motivate pupils, staff, parents and Governors.
• Have a strong commitment to promote the wellbeing of all members of the school community.
• A popular, school with close ties to its communities.
• A school where the success of all pupils matters.
• A school where pupil and staff wellbeing and self-respect is paramount.
• Enthusiastic pupils, committed staff, supportive parents and an experienced and well-informed governing body.
The Governing Body and staff are ambitious for the school and its pupils and wish to appoint a Headteacher with a clear vision for further school improvement in line with the welsh agenda.
We are a school where the equality of opportunity for our pupils to succeed matters.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). A comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants which will include an Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
West Monmouth Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.