1624 School (NOR)
Required for 1st January 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter, subject to completion of pre-employment and safeguarding checks, the appointment is offered on a full-time, permanent contract.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented educational leader, we are pleased to offer:-
· the chance to lead a unique, multi-campus community committed to all-through learning;
· a caring and inclusive ethos with specialist provision for ALN;
· strong support from an enthusiastic and committed Governing Body;
· a strong and collaborative cluster of partner schools; and
· a close working relationships with Blaenau Gwent Education Directorate, Council and the Education Achievement Service (EAS)
The Governors and students are looking to appoint an experienced and inspirational Headteacher with a proven track record in senior leadership to further develop this ambitious 3-16 all-through learning community located in Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent. The Community caters for 1624 learners situated across one secondary and three primary campuses located within close proximity. The school has benefitted from significant investment in recent years including a new £7m primary campus which opened for the autumn term 2019.
Whilst the school is fairly recently established, it has good foundations and an ambitious Governing Body determined to support our learners to achieve their potential and who recognises the value of a lead professional to:-
· build on the progress made across the community, taking forward transformational change;
· continue the drive for excellence with a particular focus on learning, teaching and standards;
· lead, inspire and motivate students, learners and staff;
· continue the excellent progress achieved in securing good behaviour and pupil wellbeing;
· foster an inclusive ethos in which every child is valued and supported to achieve; and
· secure excellent community links with parents, stakeholders and the wider community
The Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Interested candidates have an opportunity to visit the Learning Community on Tuesday 24th September 2019, at 4.00pm at Abertillery Learning Community, Secondary Campus, Alma Street, Abertillery, NP13 1LY.
Shortlisted candidates will also be invited to visit the school in advance of the formal interview process. If you believe that you have the skills and experience necessary to make a success of this opportunity, we would be very pleased to receive your application.
Closing Date: Midnight Monday 30th September 2019
Visit for Shortlisted Candidates: 10.00am, Tuesday 15th October 2019 at Abertillery
Learning Community, Secondary Campus, Alma Street, Abertillery, NP13 1LY
Interview Date: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th October 2019
Abertillery Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.