Be part of a unique family, and really make a difference to people’s lives! Join our team on an amazing new 9-acre site in LONG DITTON (KT6 5HN).
If you are looking for a highly rewarding teaching position which really delivers job satisfaction and reminds you why you got into teaching, then we have the job for you.
Wemms Education Centre is an established and prestigious independent, special provision school which caters for students with academic aspirations who are not well suited to mainstream education. Our students are high-achieving people, who happen to have EHCPs and a variety of educational needs and we are proud to be able to offer an academic education and second chance to our students, many of whom go on to successful careers in further education, university or occupations of their choice.
We are a unique, specialist provision school and are proud to be different, putting the needs of our students first and enabling them to not only fulfil their potential, but thrive in all aspects of their life in the process.
Wemms was a finalist in the Independent Schools’ Senior School of the Year competition in 2020 and is registered in the Good Schools Guide, and are currently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted with ‘Outstanding’ provision in Personal Development and Behaviour and Attitudes.
Due to rapid expansion and an increasing need for special education provision in general, we are moving to a new site in Long Ditton (KT6 5HN) and are looking for a number of teaching roles to be filled, starting in September 2022 and are happy to consider experienced teachers and tutors for the roles.
We are interested in hearing from applicants who are committed to becoming the best teachers they can be and who are willing to embrace developing all aspects of outstanding human beings.
Wemms Education Centre
NEW ADDRESS FROM SEPT 2022:
Woodstock House, Woodstock Lane North, Long Ditton, Surrey, KT6 5HN.
Currently located at: W Block, Therfield School, Dilston Road, Leatherhead, KT22 7NZ.
- Be looking for a position which really delivers on job satisfaction
- Have a passion for teaching History/Humanities to KS3, 4 and 5 in small classes and/or on a 1-1 basis
- Have high expectations for students of all abilities
- Be adaptable, creative and resourceful in your approach to teaching
- Work as a freelance independent consultant, full-time or part-time with hours to suit and the potential for extra tutoring or holiday work
- Pass an Enhanced DBS check
- Have at least a 2:2 degree and Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Be committed to teaching and bringing out the best in every pupil, and yourself
- Start in September 2022 with an initial 12-month contract
- Be open to rethinking ways to best deliver outstanding education
The benefits of working for Wemms Education Centre
- We welcome everyone as part of our inclusive family
- Pleasant working conditions and hours in a beautiful environment on 9 acres of grounds
- Work with outstanding teachers gaining excellent results for students taking GCSE and A’ Levels
- Excellent work/life balance
- Small classes sizes and/or 1-1 tuition
- On-site parking
- No homework policy for KS2 and KS3 (work is set and marked in lessons)
- Use of on-site facilities after school hours including hydro-pool and gym
- Potential for holiday work
- Studio accommodation on-site for qualifying single staff
- Full CPD program for all staff
- Regular school celebrations
- Overseas trips available (most recent school trips have visited France, Germany, Spain and Jersey)
- Staff parties at Christmas, Easter and the end of the academic year
- Staff wellbeing and benefits promoted in school including weekly yoga, French and writing for wellbeing groups
- Free tea/coffee and refreshments
Please download the "Information for candidates" document which includes more details, person specification and job responsibilities. Apply online through eTeach as soon as possible.
We are looking to interview potential staff before the end of May, so candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
There may also be the possibility of starting earlier than September depending on circumstances.
Wemms Education Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.