To develop and maintain curriculum delivery across practical horticulture programmes across the academic year. To support initial assessment, teaching performance, learner achievement, attendance and retention, target setting, differentiation for SEND learners and other quality measures as required by awarding bodies, funders and inspection bodies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the development and delivery of practical horticulture courses, both non-accredited courses at pre-entry and entry 2, 3 & level 1 accredited programmes.
· You will be responsible for developing lesson plans, schemes of work and tutorial resources to an agreed format for use within the department. To adapt and provide user-friendly resources for the delivery of courses.
· To assess students in accordance with Awarding Body Guidelines; liaising with the appropriate Awarding Body as and when necessary ensuring compliance with their policies/procedures
· Ensure adherence to an efficient learner tracking system in compliance with Greenbank’s quality systems and funding body guidelines. Monitor and support learner attendance, retention and achievements providing accurate management information as and when required.
· To maintain the garden areas to ensure they are safe, user friendly for delivery of the horticulture programmes.
· To assist in the support, mentoring & review of volunteers within classes.
· To undertake administrative duties, maintaining confidential records, monitor, review and evaluate work in line with quality standards.
· Required to contribute to a yearly maintenance plan for the external grounds.
· Comply with all of Greenbank’s policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
· Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice, attend team and staff meetings as required
· Required to attend and undergo training recommended by the line manager.
· Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s Senior Management Team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Greenbank College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.