We are looking for a confident and engaging HR Manager to join our HR Team at Oaklands College, St. Albans.
The successful person for this role will currently be in an HR Manager or Business Partner role and has managed teams.
The HR Manager will be pivotal in guiding and coaching senior leaders and heads of department into delivering first class teams and in contributing to our College values and culture.
Proven knowledge and experience of managing complex casework is essential, as is understanding organisational change management.
Being able to analyse HR data, identify trends and implications for the business, this role will propose and recommend appropriate people focused solutions.
It is safe to say that no 2 days are the same, so if you are the sort of person who enjoys this type of environment then this is the role for you!
This role is based at the St Albans Campus; please note, there will be a requirement to travel to our other campuses in Welwyn Garden City and Borehamwood.
Whilst not exhaustive, please see below some of the key skills and experience we require:
• Excellent technical ER knowledge, either CIPD qualified or qualified by experience.
• Management of the College’s HR advisory function. This will include organisational change; employee relations; performance management; and absence management
• Strong influencing and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to adapt communication style appropriately.
• The talent to build up positive working relationships and maintain them!
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, and being flexible enough to prioritise at short notice.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Great attention to detail. Analytical, with the ability to clearly communicate data and results.
• Strong business acumen.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a progressive, student-centred College supporting the vibrant community at through a broad, relevant and innovative portfolio of education and training.
Oaklands is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways. A new campus in Borehamwood will soon be opening in September.
St Albans Campus is home to award winning facilities set within acres of wide open countryside. Discovery Centre and Sports Zone secured recognition from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a body that aims to recognise buildings that set the standard for great architecture in the UK.
At Welwyn Garden City, our Learning Resource Centre provides students with a modern, spacious environment, ideal for research and studying. We have a new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Centre housing the very latest cyber technology and bespoke science laboratories giving our students the best possible start for a career in the STEM sector.
Culturally, we have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.