Post Title: HR Officer & Executive Assistant (0.5 FTE)
Salary: £26,000 per annum, £13,000 pro rata
Full/part time: part time, permanent position
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Start Date: November 2021
Reporting to: Principal
Location: Big Creative Academy, Clifton Avenue, Walthamstow E176HL
Purpose of the role: To manage all HR functions of the Academy, to provide advice to the Principal and Senior Management Team on HR strategy and employment law and support the leadership team with administrative tasks
• To provide an efficient, effective HR service that meets the needs of staff and the Academy.
• To ensure compliance with all employment law.
• To maintain the single central register and complete all DBS checks, ensuring compliance with the safeguarding policy.
• To provide managers with comprehensive reports on recruitment, sickness, staff disciplinaries
• To write and review HR polices, staff handbooks and recruitment and induction processes.
• To develop and lead the human resources work to provide the Academy with managed access to comprehensive, reliable, relevant and up-to-date information and reports.
• To oversee staff recruitment, coordinate interviews and lead on staff inductions.
• To ensure statutory compliance for HR is met and employment law is followed
• To oversee staff grievances, disciplinaries and staff wellbeing.
• To oversee probation and appraisal completion.
• Record all staff leave, sickness and provide monthly reports.
• To oversee the completion of the single central register and ensure compliance with safeguarding and Ofsted.
• To record all CPD for staff and collect staff evaluations.
• To demonstrate commitment to all Academy policies including Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and the quality improvement plan.
• To provide an administrative function to the senior management team, taking minutes, supporting with event’s and meetings as required.
• Updating cross academy policies and documents.
• To participate in staff development activities as appropriate to the role.
• To assist colleagues and other departmental teams to ensure an efficient and effective cross-academy service.
1. Participate in student results days, enrolment and induction.
2. Plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role.
3. Support the Academy to provide and outstanding education offer.
This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation
Qualifications/Competencies Degree or equivalent qualification in Human resources
Relevant Experience Experience of leading or working within a HR department.
Experience of providing administrative support to a senior team.
Experience of staff recruitment, safer recruitment practices and maintaining a single central register
Knowledge of employment law
Staff wellbeing and staff development.
Safer recruitment practices, interviewing and staff induction.
Appraisal and CPD processes.
Skills/Ability Excellent planning, organisation, IT and administrative skills, the ability to work on a range of tasks and see them through to a successful conclusion, and a general high level of efficiency.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
Ability to be forge and maintain meaningful relationships with staff and external stakeholders.
Personal Skills Demonstrate enthusiasm.
Aptitude for hard work, the ability to take initiatives, a flexible approach and an ability to implement change.
Big Creative Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.