Do you have what it takes to support our mission to Improve lives in
Novus Cambria brings together the wealth and breadth of experience of Novus – the number one provider of education, training and employability services to offenders in England, and Coleg Cambria –one of the UK’s largest and highest performing colleges.
Our focus is on offering the very best career prospects for local people in North Wales and providing our learners with the life changing opportunity to find work within our communities upon release. Wales is at the heart of our organisation and our strong links with employers and stakeholders across North Wales and nationally allows us to provide the highest level of learning and skills at our state-of-the-art learning establishment at HMP Berwyn. Together we can change lives and make a difference to our communities.
- A leader in progressive services to create fresh starts
- A commitment to ensuring that all are valued, motivated and encouraged
- The promotion of high professional, moral and personal standards
- An empathy and appreciation of Welsh culture, language and heritage
- Supporting attitudinal changes to address stereotypes and perceptions
- A commitment to culture which places the learner at the centre
- The continuous pursuit of high standards and excellence
- Creating a sense of community and belonging
- A commitment to operating always in a healthy, safe and suitable environment
- A positive and confident and highly motivated attitude
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity
HMP Berwyn will offer exceptional learning & skill provision with a focus on rehabilitation to the men it houses. The curriculum offer will support this process and we are seeking exceptional staff to help us deliver this agenda across a wide range of areas.
As directed by the Deputy Head of Learning and Skills you will provide assessments of your curriculum area ensuring that you meet budget, quality and operational targets. You will deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Teach designated hours as required, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed to fulfil contractual requirements
- Plan, lead and develop curriculum areas to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, best practice and quality targets
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Ensure that learner records are maintained in line with data protection and Novus Cambria policies
- Day to day management of delivery teams in line with agreed policies and procedures
- Develop and mentor direct reports
- Lead in delivery of learner-focused and employer-focused provision
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Timely and accurate reporting on funding and compliance activity
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and prison security requirements
Management and Leadership
- Lead, manage and develop direct reports to deliver high quality, learner focused education.
- Ensure that operational and curriculum budgets within Vocational Training are met.
- A subject specialism at minimum Level 3 - Essential
- Teaching qualification - minimum Cert Ed or PGCE - Essential
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy - Essential
- The ability to speak fluent Welsh - Desirable
- Knowledge of curriculum development and developments at appropriate levels across more than one subject specialism - Essential
- Track record of effective teaching or training experience in subject specialism - Essential
- Track record of efficient administration in relation to accreditation and course requirements - Essential
- Track record of effectively leading a team - Essential
- Track record of working with learners who present with challenging behaviour - Essential
- Achievement of delivery targets - Essential
- Achievement of quality targets, including those related to recruitment, retention and achievement - Essential
- Accurate and timely reports - Essential
- Development of a motivated and flexible delivery team - Essential
- To actively contribute to Novus Cambria’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of learners and staff
- To actively contribute to the principles of Equality and Diversity within the prison
- To work flexibly as required
- To carry out such training, re-training and updating as may be necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post
- To ensure duties are carried out with full regard to Health & Safety legislation and to enable Novus Cambria to meet its objectives in providing a safe and healthy environment for all users
- To demonstrate an empathy with the Welsh culture
- To undertake other duties that Management may, from time to time, reasonably require, commensurate with the grade
Novus Cambria is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.