To actively contribute to the development of a high performing Human Resources team. To provide a professional HR service and give expert advice and support to managers enabling them to maximise the contribution of their teams to the achievement of the College’s objectives. Deliver Human Resources initiatives to develop the College as an employer of choice.
1. Contribute to the provision of a professional and innovative HR service for the organisation, developing and delivering a range of people management initiatives.
2. Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of people management and the implementation of HR policies and procedures. Support Managers to identify and resolve all people management issues.
3. Ensure that complex employee relations issues are resolved effectively and in a timely manner, in line with College policies, liaising with legal advisors where necessary.
4. Develop, implement and review all HR policies and procedures in line with current employment law, best practice and reflective of the College’s strategic intentions.
5. Contribute to the development of line managers’ people management skills through coaching and support.
6. Promote good employee relations through liaison with trade union representatives. Act as Secretary for the various JNC’s and JCC including preparation of agenda and attendance at meetings for the purpose of minute taking.
7. To plan and deliver the recruitment and selection process working closely with the HR Assistant, ensuring that the agreed KPIs are met.
8. To contribute to the effective management of the people elements of organisational change.
9. To ensure the HR system is utilised to maximum effect and all data is accurate.
10. To work closely with the Occupational Health Advisor on the greater implementation of the Attendance Management Policy and the delivery of aspects of the Health and Wellbeing Policy.
11. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge to ensure the College is at the forefront of development initiatives and good HR practice.
12. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.