HR Manager is required to support the Director of People in the management of the HR function. This role is working within higher education and there will be the opportunity to HR partner to senior leaders and operational teams.
Duties of the role;
• Develop and implement the HR strategy to drive high performance.
• Support and guide leaders on people issues and manage the recruitment process.
• Ensure HR policies and procedures are legally compliant.
• Ensure complaints/disciplinaries are dealt with in line with policies and procedures.
• Liaise with payroll when required.
• Provide advice and guidance on all employment queries to ensure statutory compliance.
• Contribute to change management by supporting the implementation of change once been approved.
• Provide regular management information reports highlighting trends in data.
• Support the implementation of process improvements, new procedures and procedural updates.
• Work with colleagues across the HR team to identify delivery on requisite change.
• Contribute to training activities when related to key policies and procedures and participate in working groups when required.
Skills & Qualifications required;
1) Educated to degree level or equivalent.
2) Chartered member of CIPD (or working towards)
3) Substantial experience in HR
4) Knowledge of employment law
5) Experience of using HR systems and Microsoft Office.