Inclusion and Support Trainer x2
Fixed-term positions till 31 August 2020
1) 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
2) 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
At Derby College our excellent reputation means that the number of students with support needs is growing year on year and we are seeking to recruit a full and part-time Inclusion and Support Trainer to join our expanding "OFSTED Outstanding' Inclusion Team.
We offer a vast range of support to students across all college sites and across our Further Education and Higher Education provision.
In this role you will work proactively to support students to access a full range of learning activities by developing and employing person-centred strategies and procedures to improve retention and achievement and thus ensure students are ready for positive progression.
The successful applicant will hold a Level 3 qualification in a related area as well as a Level 3 or 4 Learning Support Qualification or be willing to work towards them. Level 2 Maths and English are also a minimum requirement.
You will also be required to demonstrate that ...
* You can work from a socially inclusive perspective and are able to apply socially inclusive principles to a range of students
* You are open to change and adopt quality improvement in all you do
* You have the ability to meet challenges in a positive, motivated and inclusive way
* You believe that learning is for life and all should be given the opportunity to secure an aspirational future
* You would like to work within a multi-skilled team with a passion to support students in a person-centred way
Derby College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.