Industry Placement Officer
- Creative Arts, Sports & Outdoor Education
(Full-Time, All Year Round)
We are looking for an energetic, on-the-ball, and dynamic addition to our team in the role of Industry Placement Officer. There are few colleges with a department dedicated to industry placements, and we take great pride in what we do at BCA. We are an office that can operate at rapid speeds (with the occasional week to relax and catch our breath) dealing with students and the employers of all industries. This is a multi-faceted role where you will be working alongside students, employers, and staff.
We are a growing team, all with different backgrounds and experiences, and we are looking to recruit a team member who can provide enthusiasm and a quick mind to continue the successful progression we have enjoyed in the last few years. We value applicants with a wide spectrum of both work and life experiences, not limited to an educational background. The right candidate will be joining our team at an exciting and key time with the preparation and introduction of T-Levels as part of the college provision for Industry Placement.
If you are able to handle a busy and varied workload in and out of the office, have a good memory, and can have fun whilst working hard, you might well be the one for us.
• You will be able to manage a varied schedule including regular periods of travel visiting employers and students in settings around the UK, with the use of the fleet of college cars.
• You will be able to build and develop relationships with employers in a variety of areas of industry; identifying individuals and teams where our students can access high quality meaningful industry placements.
• You will work with students, helping them secure meaningful, industry-relevant industry placements, so you will need to have an understanding and approachable character.
• You will also have a commitment to working inclusively with all and to have an awareness of the range of needs of people with learning difficulties.
• Problem-solving will be required – e.g. working out the best way to negotiate problems, how best to divide your time, and logistical planning amongst the team.
• We constantly seek to develop the systems we work with and are always looking to critique and improve the way we do our job. We want you to bring transferable skills from previous employment that can help our students develop their employability skills and improve our department resources.
For further details and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department or download an application pack from FE Jobs.
Closing date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
Reasons to join us:
● Generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme
● A wide range of learning and career opportunities
● Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
● Free on-site parking
● Various health and wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding:
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.