37 hours per week
£21,195 - £25,321 (dependent upon qualifications and including a market supplement)
We are seeking a full time instructor keen who can instruct learners in livestock and animal husbandry particularly with cattle, sheep and pigs, the use of farm machinery particularly tractor driving, estate skills (e.g. fencing) and machinery maintenance would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience and knowledge gained from working within the Agricultural industry and be willing to attain , if not suitably qualified, the level 3 Award in Education and Training along with an in-house Certificate of Competency in Delivering Teaching and Learning. The College will support the successful candidate to undertake these requirements as well as provide on-going professional development.
Whilst you do not necessarily need to have worked in the education sector before, the successful candidate will need to possess excellent communication and administration skills, and an interest in working with and developing young people.
Closing Date: 25 February 2019
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free cash point facility
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.