£18,840 - £22,508 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Working with teaching and learning staff, the post holder will provide practical support, instruction, training and supervision to students across a range of courses both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, ensures academic excellence, high quality learning and an outstanding student experience which reflects the principles of the personalised curriculum and contributes to the achievement of the College’s strategic and development plans. The successful candidate will be qualified in a relevant subject area with a good practical working knowledge of horticulture and a sound understanding of health and safety procedures.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 08 July 2019
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free cash point facility
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.