Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking an Instructor/Demonstrator in Hospitality and Catering to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Instructor/Demonstrator to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience.
• Develop learners’ practical skills through demonstrations and instruction in practical workshops and realistic working environments;
• Assess learners against identified frameworks; and
• Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Higher level qualification (Level 3 or above) in relevant discipline;
• Assessor Qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent) or commitment to work towards;
• Proven experience in the Hospitality and Catering industry;
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
• Up-to-date occupational experience; and
• Enhanced DBS check
We welcome applications from current practitioners wishing to pass on their sector knowledge and experience who do not have a teaching or assessing qualification. Anyone joining the College with relevant industry experience will receive support in attaining a relevant qualification and will be supported by a dedicated mentor from within the departmental team.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your assessor/teaching qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• Professional Development
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it by 9am on 30 June 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 5 July 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
South Cheshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.