Salary Grade: L
Salary Band: £19,554 - £22,911 pa
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 19 April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 37 pw
About the Opportunity
Are you ambitious, flexible and enjoy a challenge? We want to hear from those who have what it takes to fulfill this role to its full potential whilst being supported in a warm and welcoming team!
Under the direction of the Regional IT Manager for Wiltshire hub, you will be working as part of a fantastic team to provide ICT/Technical support to the Schools and Offices within the Federation and proactively look for ways to improve teaching with the use of ICT across our schools in Wiltshire.
This vacancy continues in spite of the Coronavirus outbreak. We have excellent facilities to conduct work remotely from home so no matter if you are working from home, you will still be easily connected and supported by your hub team! We are here for each other, supporting our wider Trust colleagues to keep going, wherever they may be!
Within this excellently diverse role, you will:
- Ensure that ICT hardware across the curriculum areas of the school is at all times functional and ready for use in accordance with curriculum requirements
- Undertake repairs as required
- Maintain all necessary records utilising the implemented service desk software, including inventories and details of equipment checks as necessary
- Maintain IT assets utilising the service desk software
- Ensure all technical issues are recorded at support schools
- Assist the Regional IT Manager in planning for and securing improvements and developments in technology
- Manage networks for the allocated schools, installing and removing software, monitoring its use, capacity and security, undertaking housekeeping tasks and taking any remedial action as required to ensure its efficient and smooth running
- Build, maintain and use effectively WHFIT support portal.
- Provide technical problem solving on hardware and software issues and problems using initiative and local resources, to teaching and other staff, and external agencies as appropriate and be able to demonstrate tenacity in doing so.
- Promote the ethos of The White Horse Federation in your work
- Ensure that ICT equipment and work stations meet the requirements of health and safety legislation and are maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Attend relevant training as required, and maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies.
- Ensure excellent customer service at all times
- Be available to cover when needed at other federated and external sites
- Undertake the role of administrator for the sites MIS system and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Guide school employees in the use of software and hardware that has been implemented by the team.
- Assist with DSE assessments
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values but also with an awful lot of fun and happiness in our schools. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the pupils and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.