IT Technician (Level 2)
Up to £20,150
Full time, permanent
Are you a hands-on IT professional, as good with Software as you are Hardware? If so, our IT Technician vacancy could be the right move for you. You’ll help keep track of customer cases in the helpdesk system, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by personally managing support issues.
This is a key post joining our friendly College IT Services team and with over 300 staff and 1200 students to help with any IT problems, this is a role that requires quick problem solving skills, acres of patience, and the ability to communicate clearly to a really diverse range of ages and abilities.
We are incredibly excited about progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the opportunities for both our learners and staff cohort. It’s a great time to join us!
Our very top priority is the wellbeing of our community and we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video. We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess our potential fit.
Please be aware initially, this role will require you working from home, but any required ‘kit’ will be provided.
In this role you’ll:
• Assist staff and students alike with all aspects of software and hardware support
• Install, configure and maintain not only desktop hardware but the college mobile and software devices
• Work to clear Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as part of the running of the helpdesk system
• Install and set up all College Audio/Visual (AV) related equipment including smart screens, electronic whiteboards, projectors, microphones and digital cameras
Qualifications and Experience required:
• MCITP or equivalent in Windows Client, or a commitment to gain within 12 months
• Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or a commitment to gain within 24 months,
• Experience of working with Microsoft Server environments and Active Directory, and
• Most importantly, have acres of patience allied with strong communication skills
To support you, we offer in-role mentorship, supervision, and a truly supportive peer network ready to assist you to achieve.
About Swindon College:
At Swindon College we are committed to providing each and every person with equal opportunities in education, career qualifications and training. Our dedicated and highly experienced staff strive to help our learners reach their full potential whilst preparing them for their ideal career path.
There will be career opportunities with us as we grow. As well as the pending merger, the College has just secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding. In partnership with the University of Gloucestershire (and other local anchor partners), we are committed to delivering a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education in advanced manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, digital technologies and creative media.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
• Training and development support in your role
• Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform,
• (Post Lockdown) On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks!
Closing date: 5th June 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community