36 hours per week
Commencing salary £19,582 p.a.
We are looking for an IT Technician to join a small team providing wide ranging IT support within a busy and fast paced school environment. The ideal candidate will have a positive approach and ‘can do’ attitude, looking to develop and expand on existing IT knowledge and experience. Duties will include:
• Providing 1st line IT support and technical advice, triaging queries to ensure a timely response and action.
• Assisting with the development, support, maintenance and security of all ICT systems within the school.
• Assisting with the installation, configuration and testing and maintenance of hardware and software.
• Auditing and maintaining DSE assessments and an inventory of IT equipment and consumables.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work flexibly is essential, as is the desire to be part of a team providing a professional, timely and proactive IT support service. A good working knowledge of ICT software, hardware and other resources including Microsoft operating systems, (Windows Server and Windows Client Operating Systems), Microsoft software Imaging Tools is required, as well as proficiency in using Microsoft office applications. Ideally the successful candidate will have an understanding of networks, LAN, WAN and Internet topologies, protocols and techniques together with proven technical background in desktop computers and peripherals. For information there is also some working at high and low heights maintaining equipment.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with over 1,300 students on roll including 270 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. We offer:
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• Use of on-site gym
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, including a generous employer contribution (defined benefit scheme)
• Commitment to professional development and progression.
We welcome pre-application interest, if you have any queries prior to application please contact Heather Morey via email, details can be found by clicking 'How to Apply'. Application packs are available her or directly from our website under 'Vacancies'.
Closing date for applications Monday 13th July 2020 (noon)
Interviews currently planned for Thursday 16th July
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.