At Merrywood Education, we are looking for a passionate KS1/2 class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. Merrywood Education is a leading therapeutic school, focusing on supporting the mental health of its school family and wider community. We support children with SEMH needs and/or who have experienced trauma within their lives aged 5-13 years of age.
WHY CHOOSE US
Merrywood Education is a therapeutic school based in Kingswood. We offer a gym membership, therapy, clinical supervision and a reduced staff CPD and well being day on a Friday afternoon. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a progressive and specialist leadership team working towards changing the way in which children are educated. We are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school and offer support and guidance where needed.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary M1 - UP2
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
- Onsite parking
- A gym membership
- Therapy sessions
- Clinical supervision
- A progressive and specialist mental health, therapeutic model
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates
- Access to behavioural and trauma consultants/psychologists
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- 3 year(s) teaching experience
- Experience in SEN
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Merrywood is committed to safeguarding every child and staff member in our care and as well as working with government safeguarding legislations we have an onsite therapeutic social worker and a trauma specialist educational psychologist. You will receive a high level of training around mental health, behaviours, preventative work around youth violence, exploitation and beyond. Our safeguarding framework has been created to support and identify children in need.
Merrywood Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.