The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated KS3 SENCO who will have oversight for the transition of pupils from Primary to Secondary School. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion and will be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities for a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions document. This role will also include a significantly reduced teaching timetable in their specialist subject(s).
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. Now in our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the six year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Pastoral/SEND related experience int he contect of a secondary school;
- Passionate about their subject;
- Strong classroom practioner with the ability to engage pupils;
- Active contribution to the successful development of students with SEND related issues of other significant vulnerabilities;
- Evidence of commitment to personal CPD.
The assessment process will involve:
- Teaching an observed lesson to a class of around 30 pupils
- Written Task related to the role
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for an informal Q&A
- Interview with the Head Teacher, Senior Deputy Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher i/c Inclusion
We look forward to receiving your application.