TIMES COLLEGE, NANJING:
TEACHER RECRUITMENT FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
GENERIC JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION,
KINDERGARTEN 1 – GRADE 12 INCLUSIVE
Times College opened in September 2018, welcoming approximately 150 students and 40 teachers. We are fully accredited with the Nanjing Bureau of Education. By 2021, we shall have a school roll of 2,200 students, supported by 200 teachers and a large team of support staff. Thus, the school is rapidly expanding, and we are delighted to be recruiting new staff for September 2019 to join our exceptional team.
Facilities are outstanding, to support an international-style curriculum that is founded upon the IB (International Baccalaureate). This applies right through the school, to provide a very strong, unified sense of continuum: Primary Years’ Programme (including Kindergarten [1,2 and 3] and Grades 1 – 5), Middle Years’ Programme (MYP, Grades 6 – 9); and Diploma Programme (DP, Grades 10 [pre-DP] – 12).
Lessons are taught bilingually, from K1 through to Grade 5, with both Chinese and Foreign Teachers (mother tongue English, or absolute fluency in spoken, reading and written English) teaching together. English is the medium for MYP and DP.
Benefits of working at Times College:
- Experienced support in helping staff secure working visas;
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience;
- Excellent, subsidised accommodation;
- Annual return home flight;
- Subsidised meals, Western and Chinese;
- Private medical insurance;
- Extensive support regarding opening Bank account, medical assessments, etc.
- Significant support in educating your children at Times College, depending on your circumstances;
- An outstanding induction programme and continuous professional development, with emerging career opportunities.
- Bachelor Honours degree or equivalent (ideally Masters for MYP/DP);
- Have, or be working towards, a related teaching certificate (or equivalent);
- At least 2 years of experience teaching a relevant subject or age group;
- IB curriculum working experience preferred;
- International school working experience preferred;
- Have a good command of communication and teaching skills;Have excellent English language skills – oral, reading and writing.
- Staff are asked to arrive by 8.10am; departure is at 4.50pm, earlier on Fridays;
- In a 40-period week, standard teachers have approximately 26 lessons per week;
- Two of these 26 lessons will be timetabled ECA, or extra-curricular activities. All staff contribute to an area of student development, whether intellectual (science, language, film, debating), physical (many sporting options, complimented by the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award), or cultural (art, drama, music). The formation of the whole child is the driving philosophy to our ECA programme;
- PYP lessons are taught by two teachers, one Chinese Teacher and one ‘Foreign Teacher’;
- Home Room Teachers (Form Tutor) are usually Chinese Teachers, supported by Foreign Teachers
- Staff will prepare lessons, drawing on a variety of methods (student-centred, inquiry-based learning, differentiation, assessment for learning, cross-curricular, etc.), striving to ensure that all students, regardless of ability, are engaged, feel positive about their learning, and achieve their best;
- Accurate record keeping, regular and informative marking, ongoing and summative assessments, and reporting to parents are key to successful outcomes;
- General staff duties (break-time supervision, etc.) and one, short evening duty per semester are standard;
- Staff will always be mindful of the health and security of their students and themselves, ensuring a tidy, safe classroom and a positive working environment;
- Check school e-mails before 8.30am and by 4.30pm each day;Respond to parental enquires (usually undertaken by Chinese Home Room Teachers, via e-mails and ‘DingDing’ within 24 hours or sooner);
- Create an annual budget of any needs for your classroom and submit it to your Principal (Kindergarten, PYP, MYP and DP);
- Attend relevant meetings (divisional and whole-school) as required;
- Perform any reasonable tasks as requested of you by your Principal
If you identify with these characteristics and believe that you can adhere to these principles, we would be delighted to hear from you! For further information, please contact:
HR Manger Times College: firstname.lastname@example.org