Linden Bridge School is a special school in Worcester Park, Surrey for children and young people with complex communication and interaction needs. We are a friendly and supportive school and believe strongly in look after each other’s wellbeing.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Lead Teaching Assistant who is able to work alongside the class teacher and as part of the wider school team. The role of the Lead TA at Linden Bridge includes:
• using specialised SEN strategies to support pupils individually, in small groups or as a whole class in their progress and learning;
• delivering pre-planned learning to the whole class when the class teacher is absent
• attending to the pupils personal requirements and physical care while encouraging independence at all times
• supporting pupils with universal and targeted support for all areas of their EHCP – communication, interaction, well-being and motor skills
• monitoring and evaluating student progress and reporting back to the relevant staff
Applicants for this post should hold Level 3 qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject, or be able to evidence ability at an equivalent level. We offer a comprehensive induction and training package to all new employees.
Hours are 8:45am-3:45pm for 4 days of the week and 8.45am-5:30pm 1 day of the week to attend staff meeting/training. This is a full time post however we are willing to consider part-time applicants to work as part of a job-share arrangement.
Linden Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and members of our community to share this commitment. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support and protection. We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism, and promote British values and children’s rights.