Aims of Job/Job Purpose
Through the implementation of best practice procedures and using a customer focused approach, the LSF administrator will provide and maintain a high standard of administrative support to the LSF team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Exercise confidentiality and discretion in respect of applications, records, meetings and other communications which are of a sensitive, controversial or personal nature.
2. Inputting of LSF applications onto a web based platform with reference to all appropriate support.
3. Assist the LSF team in the administration of the fund and ensuring divisional service standards are met.
4. Checking applicants ‘criteria using appropriate resources to check attendance.
5. Liaise with students, support and curriculum staff across the college and handle enquiries made by telephone, electronic systems and face to face with reference to all LSF applications.
6. Support the administration of the overall customer liaison team when required
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate