Role: Learning and Development Partner
Contract type: Part time, 29.6 hours per week, fixed term until
30th July 2021
Actual salary: £ 15,943 (SP34)
Location: York (location flexible)
Askham Bryan College is a specialist land-based college based across the North of England.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, skilled people professional to join the staff development function, reporting to the Head of Learning and Development on a temporary basis. The post has been conceived to work on a specific range of staff development projects, four days per week over a 30 week period.
At Askham Bryan College we are passionate about helping our people be the best that they can be. We’re seeking an individual to drive the implementation of robust development initiatives, which are designed to build on existing potential within our staff population. The successful candidate will enjoy making things happen, using their initiative and working under pressure to deliver the role’s required objectives within tightly defined timescales and parameters.
To meet criteria of this role and to be considered, you will have:
- A strong staff development focus and ability to inspire others, with line management and team leading experience.
- A deep and grounded understanding of contemporary staff development practice and workplace capability principles.
- Previous experience working within a staff development function, specifically sat within a broader Human Resources department setting.
- Appropriate qualifications reflecting the level of this post, as well as accreditation in one or more recognised psychometric tools e.g. DISC, MBTI and FIRO-B etc.
- Expertise in using competency frameworks to build aligned staff development initiatives.
- A proven track record of stakeholder management and project delivery.
- Experience of working closely with and influencing senior leadership teams and middle managers who operate across a wide variety of different contexts.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly to people at all levels both written and oral, virtually and in person.
In return, you will receive a generous holiday allowance, ample free parking, access to onsite canteen facilities, and a range of employee benefits as well as the opportunity to work within spectacular grounds.
For more information, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing Date: 9am Thursday 29th October 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 3rd November 2020
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and partners to share this commitment.
The Governors and Staff at Askham Bryan College regard each learner as a unique individual and therefore seek to support learner development in ways, which will foster security, confidence and independence. We recognise that high self-esteem, peer support, a secure College environment and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all young people and adults particularly those at risk or suffering abuse. These are regarded as central to the wellbeing of the individual and are therefore seen to be an intrinsic part of all aspects of the curriculum and ethos.