Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
18.5 hours per week / Term Time Only 37 weeks
Work Pattern – Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays
£8,684 per annum / Salary pro rata from £20,677
Oaklands College has an exciting opportunity for you to join the Learning Resource Centre.
You will be required to lead and support teaching and learning within the Learning Resource Centres. This is achieved through engaging with students to support their learning outside of the classroom. Working with curriculum to understand needs and support this by promoting access to appropriate resources and by working with Learning Coaches to focus on student success.
You will act as the primary facilitator for students to access coaching and learning sessions by continually interacting and engaging with all students in the Learning Centre and assessing needs and acting upon them.
To be considered for this role applicants need to demonstrate the following;
- Hold 2 years’ experience of working within a learning environment or similar customer focussed service environment
- Level 2 qualification in English, Maths and IT
- Educated to NVQ3 or equivalent
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th August
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, Interviews may take place via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided with a date and details of the interview
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised onsite restaurant
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.