Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Learning Resources Assistant (part time, term time only, 39 weeks per year)
Working 30 hours per week Monday 1pm – 4.30pm, Tuesday 10am – 4pm, Wednesday 9.00am – 5.00pm, Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm and Friday 10.00am – 4.30pm for 39 weeks per year, term time only, a degree of flexibility is required.
You will assist students and staff in their use of resources and equipment and support student learning including:
• Maintaining an appropriate working atmosphere, issue students with resources and maintain a knowledge of online and catalogued resources
• Undertaking a variety of routine tasks to ensure the efficient running of the department
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
• Has good communication skills, is flexible and willing to work as part of a team
• Is able to deal confidently with students aged 16 – 19
• Is well organised and methodical
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine point 20, £12,573 rising to point 23, £13,537 with annual increments based on service and performance related criteria. (This is the pro rated equivalent of the full-time scale £18,000 - £19,381)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for all completed application forms: Monday 28th October 2019
Interviews planned for: Thursday 7th November 2019
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.