To meet the needs of learners with identified Learning Difficulties and / or Disabilities including in class and out of class support to remove barriers to accessing learning and participation.
To implement agreed learning support with individuals and groups with a view to encourage learner independence using identified support strategies
1. To provide appropriate learning support for groups and /or individuals with identified Learning difficulties and / or Disabilities. Including in and out of class support, residential activities, educational visits or work experience.
2. To provide learning support for those learners identified as having additional support needs for literacy and numeracy.
3. To contribute to the planning, differentiation and target setting for learners needs with curriculum staff and the wider Student Support team.
4. To record, review and adapt strategies throughout the academic year using student ILP and other college systems.
5. To develop and assist the integration of students by supporting the transition process and enrichment activities.
6. To support the Student Support Manager to carry out Healthcare Plans, PEEPs, exam concessions and specialist equipment are in place.
7. To support learners with personal care and medical needs including administration of medication where indicated in their Healthcare Plan.
8. To develop and adapt accessible resources and materials prior to lessons to maximise all learning opportunities.
9. To assist learners with the use of specialist equipment and embed the use of assistive technology to promote independence.
10. To develop positive working practices with external agencies in order to gather accurate information to inform learning support.
11. To engage in continuous professional development.
12. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.