Learning Support Assistant
30 hours per week, 39 weeks pa (term time plus INSET days), working Monday - Friday 8.25am - 3.05pm. Fixed term until 22 July 2020.
Actual salary: £12,026 - £13,213 (FTE £16,930-£18,600 dependant on experience)
Are you passionate about helping children achieve their full potential?
We have an exciting opportunity for a number of Learning Support Assistants, with high expectations, who can bring commitment, innovation and creativity to our already dedicated and motivated team.
The successful candidates will assist teaching staff in the classroom to assist individual pupils to develop and achieve their full potential.
What we're looking for in a Candidate:
• Ideally have experience of working with children as a learning support or teaching assistant or an interest in starting a career in education.
• Has a good standard of general education including English, Maths and Science at grade C (or equivalent) and above.
• Has a passion about supporting the teaching and learning of young people
• Has the ability to work creatively and sensitively with children to ensure all children secure the highest possible levels of progress and achievement.
• Is able to relate well to and communicate well with children and adults.
In return Collingwood College can offer:
• The opportunity to join an excellent and supportive team.
• A high level of professional development
• A friendly and welcoming working environment.
"Collingwood College is a High-Performing Specialist Academy for Technology and Applied Learning and a “Good School with Outstanding Leadership and Management” (OFSTED February 2017).
To apply for this post please visit our website.
Please note that, where the response to an advertisement has been exceptional, occasionally shortlisting and interviews may be arranged at short notice. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit their application forms as soon as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service will be required.
Collingwood College is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 9th December 2019
Collingwood College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.