Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
37.5 hours per week | 40 weeks plus annual leave
Job Type: Permanent - Term Time
Salary: £15,236 - £16,491 Per Annum
Oakwood Specialist College is opening a new Further Education Campus in Yate, South Glos.
Our existing College campuses in Dawlish, Devon and Torpoint, Cornwall provide vocational and foundation learning for young people aged 16+ with learning difficulties or disabilities and an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), with a particular specialism in Speech, language and communication.
We provide an individualised curriculum within three pathways:
- Into Further Education, Into Employment and Into Independence.
We enable students to gain the skills, knowledge, understanding and life skills to prepare for a job, accessing a mainstream FE college and to live independently. Most learners work at Entry level and level 1 of the National Qualifications Framework and we provide opportunities to achieve accredited qualifications in Maths and English, as well as personalised qualification programmes, working alongside employers.
We are looking for a number of roles to join us at our new Yate campus, specifically:
- Deputy Head of Campus
- Higher Learning Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistants
- Receptionist/ Administration officer
Our new team will support the college in achieving our strategic vision at our new Yate campus where:
“Strong, collaborative working partnerships and a relentless pursuit of excellence underpin innovation and a culture of constant improvement, leading to exceptional outcomes for our learners.”?
If you are interested in finding out more and joining us on this exciting new venture, please contact us for a candidate pack.
- Smaller class sizes of:1 teacher, 1 learning support assistant & 5 students
- 1:1 support available
- Up to 25 places, mixed gender
- In-house integrated therapies team
- On site specialist speech, language and therapy
- Psychological services
- Occupational therapy
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
Closing Date: Wednesday, Aug 4, 2021
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Oakwood Specialist College - Yate Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.