Hours – 32 hours 30 mins per week, term time only. Mon - Fri 8.45am – 3.45pm
Salary – Grade 9 (£16,685 - £19,166 per annum)
Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to appoint two Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) from 3rd January 2022 or sooner.
1 x Temporary Maternity Cover Contract till 19.2.2022 or the post holder’s return if earlier.
1 x Fixed Term Contract till 31.8.2022 subject to a staffing review (see separate advert)
The successful candidates will have experience and understanding of supporting the educational needs of pupils with SLD, PMLD, ASD, and will be able to demonstrate ability to contribute towards a vibrant and exciting environment that maximises enjoyment and learning.
The particular duties of the LSA will be determined by the class teacher to meet the needs of the pupils. This will include working with pupils with an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP).
We are looking for people who:
• Are good communicators & team players
• Are committed to the aims and values of New Siblands School
• Can work flexibly with all ages across both sites
• Have the ability to follow instructions and work under own initiative
• Are able to support differentiation and Assessment for Learning in teaching and learning
• Demonstrate knowledge of strategies that promote positive behaviour for our pupil cohorts
• Display values of integrity to establish and maintain mutual respect
• Please refer to the relevant Job Description and job specification for further details and key responsibilities of the role.
For information about our Applicants Privacy Notice and how we use your personal information please see school website New Siblands School
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
The closing date is 9am on Friday 3rd December 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 8th December 2021
New Siblands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.