Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £17,375 to £19,013 (pro rata) based on 37.5 hours per week Term Time
It takes a special type of person to dedicate their career to helping children with Autism to learn and develop. Your patience, empathy and caring nature makes you the ideal person to support our individuals at our school in Cardiff.
As a learning support assistant, you will provide education and organisational support to the class teacher, guide students during structured and non-structured sessions and assist each student to achieve their full potential. Offer personal care to students, in a respectful manner when required.
As many of our children appreciate routine and structure our team time is 40 weeks, and our Summer-break is just two weeks rather than six or seven.
A day in the life of a Learning Support Assistant with Orbis Education and Care Involves:
- Providing high quality teaching and learning opportunities;
- Providing structured learning opportunities through effective Classroom management;
- Ensuring that all students are working towards their agreed accreditations;
- Using a variety of teaching approaches and activities to develop students’ learning;
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of off-site activities and organised trips;
- Assisting students who require help during morning routines, lunch/break times or when going to the lavatory.
To be a successful Learning Support Assistant with Orbis Education and Care, you’ll need:
- Qualification in English & Maths;
- Ability to relate well to students and build positive and respectful relationships that are on a professional level;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Must be able to show initiative;
- Ability to offer personal care in a respectful way.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you’ll receive:
A salary of £17,375 to £17,765 (pro rata) based on 37.5 hours per week Term Time;
Paid comprehensive induction programme, free uniform and DBS;
12 weeks annual leave (to be taken during the school holidays);
Access to our Salary Financing Service;
Company pension scheme;
Career progression opportunities;
Eligibility for a “Blue Light Card” for additional discounts.
About Orbis Education And Care:
Orbis Education & Care is a sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. We specialise in providing individualised placements for unique individuals.
At Orbis Education and Care we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.
All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.
Please click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV today!
Ty Coryton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.