OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world with 126 campuses across 20 countries.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our Hindhead Campus for an experienced and interactive Learning Support Assistant on a full time, permanent basis.
• To support learning and teaching across the curriculum, particularly for pupils with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
• To assist in planning, review and delivery of the curriculum (either as individuals or in small groups) and to assist in pupil health, safety, welfare and emotional and behavioural support
• To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision.
• To ensure that SEND support is happening within the context of the school’s Self-Directed Learning Philosophy
• Provide pupils with the level and type of support specified by the teacher.
• Identify and report uncharacteristic behaviour patterns in pupils and report these to the teacher
• Support individuals or groups of pupils during independent / group work (e.g. explaining tasks, reinforcing key objectives, concepts of vocabulary; using practical apparatus, supporting less able pupils, extending/challenging the more able; assisting in keeping pupils on task)
• Assist in personal, social and emotional development of pupils and in the development of self-esteem through the planning and delivery of targeted intervention programmes
• Use specialist knowledge, experience, training to provide appropriate support to pupils
• Have prior experience as a Learning Support Assistant or within a similar role
• Have an understanding of special educational needs as defined in the SEN Code of Practice
• Have experience of working with children of the age with which the post is concerned
• Have Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths and NVQ Level 2 or equivalent knowledge, experience or skills
• Be able to present information effectively, verbally and in writing to others (for formal SEN reviews)
• Ensure high standards are maintained, progressed and promoted in all areas of work
• To set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary, company pension and staff referral scheme
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career- via our National Teacher Academy
Closing date for applications: Midday on Friday 12th September 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing: 26th September 2022
OneSchool Global UK is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust who provide direction and support to over 40 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.