Learning Support Team Leader x 2
Support Staff Scale Point 28 - £24,813 (FTE)
37 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year)
Reporting to the Learning Support Manager, and liaising with line managers and curriculum staff to ensure that appropriate resourcing and planning of curriculum based activities for students with a range of learning and physical disabilities are appropriately supported.
If you are you passionate about supporting and encouraging young people to achieve and would thrive in a department which is committed to nurturing and educating young people then this could be an exciting opportunity for you. The role will include the covering of lessons (where necessary), student interventions, the collation and inputting of data and evidence for Annual Reviews, as well as liaising with curriculum staff and professional outside agencies.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is able to support and line manage a team of LSAs
- Is able to create a high quality, engaging learning environment
- Has a positive behaviour management approach whilst also being committed to removing the barriers to learning in order to enable all students to achieve and succeed
- Is proactive, resilient and has high aspirations in all aspects of college life
Ideally, you should:
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of two years relevant experience and impact in a teaching environment
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or hold the HLTA certificate or a higher qualification
- Have Grade C passes in English and Maths, or equivalent
A good sense of humour and a flexible nature is essential!
Closing date for applications: Sunday 5th June 2022
St Vincent College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.