Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is interested in delivering Business to Level 2 and Level 3 students. Our numbers are increasing and we are looking to expand our well-established team and ensure our learners are in receipt of an excellent experience.
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country.
CRC is a college to be proud of. With around 700 staff, 3,500 full-time students and 4,500 apprentices, the campus atmosphere is busy and vibrant. You will find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. We strive to achieve very high standards of teaching with regular staff development.
About the role:
The role will be based at our Cambridge Campus and there will be a mix of Level 2 and Level 3 Business teaching, including tutorial responsibilities.
All lecturers are responsible for planning and delivering lessons to learners that inspire them, are inclusive and enable students to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours for further progression into employment.
You will be supported by the Curriculum Lead for Business, Tourism and Learning Support who will also act as your line manager.
What we are looking for in our role:
We would like our candidates to demonstrate the following, but these are not limiting factors and we welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds who wish to pursue a career in teaching and are willing to develop their skills further:
- Experience of planning, supporting and delivering lessons to students in a post-16 environment is essential
- Experience of providing tutorial support or being a personal tutor is desirable
- Experience of what delivery good and outstanding teaching and learning is essential
- Experience of teaching or supporting students to achieve excellent outcomes
- Experience of delivering and planning a range of assessment methods to suit a range of needs and enable students to make good progress
Skills and abilities
- Team player with good communication skills, with the ability to approach different audiences appropriately
- Reflective, with the ability to adapt and change where appropriate
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Student centred, with an inclusive approach to working with students and adults
Teaching qualification at Level 5, or desire to attain one
A relevant qualification in the Business area, or experience working in industry
Interviews: Week commencing 5th July 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.