Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Contract: Part Time (0.8 FTE) – Fixed Term until the 31 August 2020
Chef Lecturer – Catering and Hospitality
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Chef Lecturer to join our Catering and Hospitality team. We currently have a job opportunity in our College Green site which provides training in a real working environment for our students preparing food for our newly refurbished City Centre restaurant which is open to members of the public. You will teach students in both the Classroom and the Restaurant Kitchen. This position is Part Time, working 20 hours contact time (teaching) and 8 hours non-contact time (planning, prep and marking). You will be based at the College Green site in the City
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
You must have extremely high standards of work, be customer-focussed, take pride in your cooking and have a flexible attitude to your work at all times. You will have a L3 qualification in cookery and a professional track record in fine dining, after qualifying, in either a quality restaurant or hotel. You will have achieved a C or above in both English and Maths.
The role will involve:
- Providing high quality training and assessing for the students in our Restaurant kitchen
- Plan and deliver theory lessons. Create and follow schemes of Work, Assessment and Lesson Plans which are flexible to student needs and which address and embed English, Mathematics, functional skills and equality/diversity, taking into account the learning needs of individual students
- Demonstrate the use of equipment, appliances and cooking techniques to individual students or groups including the relevant health and safety legislation
- Liaise with other teachers to manage the food orders, design the restaurant menus and manage the food storage areas, ensuring fridge/freezer temperatures are at a safe level
- Establish acceptable standards of conduct and hygiene in your kitchen and ensure students are working in a safe environment.
- Attend promotional activities that the College may organise and offer advice and guidance to prospective students
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48%
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Closing date: Monday 29th July 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Monday 12th Aug 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.