Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for an experienced lecturer to join our Counselling team at our Huntingdon Campus.
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country
CRC is a college to be proud of. With around 700 staff, 3,500 full-time students and 4,500 apprentices, the campus atmosphere is busy and vibrant. You will find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. We strive to achieve very high standards of teaching with regular staff development.
Delivery will be 3 hours per week as an evening class (17.30-20.30) at our Huntingdon Campus. These classes run for 30 weeks a year.
Available facilities: classroom with access to PC / Data projector and break out rooms for group discussions.
• deliver Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB) to a group of adult learners who have progressed from their Level 2 qualification.
• provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the awarding body requirements to promote access to achievement.
• provide and maintain teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists and assessment papers
• support learner achievement through online delivery if the need arises (via MS Teams)
• prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
• work with the team to track learner progress
• undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operation of the programme in this area, including team meetings, curriculum development, standardisation activities etc.
• carry out moderation/ assessment and verification.
What we are looking for in our role:
• 30 hours per year CPD activities.
• Current supervised counselling practice
• 6 months teaching and assessing at level 2 or above.
Skills and abilities:
• Commitment to equality & diversity
• Flexible and reliable.
• Able to remain calm in busy situations
• Able to deal with effectively with difficult people or situations.
• Effective team player, able to work with others and share/develop ideas for the benefit of teaching and learning
• Maintains a professional personal appearance and outlook
• Teaching qualification or be working towards one
• Assessor award or willing to work towards.
• 420 hours therapeutic counselling qualification at level 4 or above. e.g. TC-L4
• Supervision qualification or experience of supervising groups or individuals in a counselling setting.
• Member of a professional association for counselling.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.