Full or Part-time
£21,368- £32,563 plus market supplement of up to £4,000
(pro rata if part-time) (depending on skills, competencies and qualifications)
Working within our Construction team, this post will be joining the College which has a strong focus on providing our learners with the skills and knowledge to promote skills within the sector. Ideally, candidates will have a sound knowledge of electrical installation and the construction industry, together with a comprehensive knowledge of current site health and safety legislation.
Whilst you do not have to have a formal teaching qualification or teaching experience to apply for this role you do need to have:
• A willingness to attain a teaching and assessing qualification. Courses are run in-house by the College.
• An interest and passion to interact with and develop young people.
Experience of working within an educational institution would be a distinct advantage to support our ambitious plan for the future development of our construction curriculum. The ability to teach on other course programmes e.g. Maths is desirable.
If applying on a part-time basis, please outline your preferred working pattern in your personal statement.
This post is based at the Andover campus.
Closing Date: 18 October 2021
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Andover College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.