We are looking for an inspiring Games Design Lecturer to join our renowned media department at Oaklands College to teach on our level 2 and 3 media programmes in Games Design.
First and foremost, you must be a passionate gamer and games designer! If you have a background in games design and are thinking about a change in career, we want to hear from you. We can offer teacher training and provide the opportunity to achieve a Level 5 Diploma in Teaching & Learning.
The successful candidate will possess strong organisational skills and will have the knowledge and skills required in the games design industry such as 3d character design, game theory, and 2d or 3d games development using Unreal and/or Unity.
Knowledge of C# and new and emerging technologies such as VR is desirable but not essential.
You will be joining a team of lecturers and practitioners who teach across other pathways in film & TV and general media. Throughout the academic year we run and participate in a range of industry events, such as the 48 Hour Film Project and St Albans Film Festival, and are keen to expand this aspect of the department into the games design sector.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a progressive, student-centred College supporting the vibrant community at through a broad, relevant and innovative portfolio of education and training.
Oaklands is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways. A new campus in Borehamwood will soon be opening in September.
St Albans Campus is home to award winning facilities set within acres of wide open countryside. Discovery Centre and Sports Zone secured recognition from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a body that aims to recognise buildings that set the standard for great architecture in the UK.
At Welwyn Garden City, our Learning Resource Centre provides students with a modern, spacious environment, ideal for research and studying. We have a new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Centre housing the very latest cyber technology and bespoke science laboratories giving our students the best possible start for a career in the STEM sector.
Culturally, we have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Salary up to £30,000 dependent on teaching experience.
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.