Salary: £28,000-£35,000 (pro rata for part time)
Contract: 1 permanent contract and 1 temporary contract (10 weeks)
About the College:
We are one of the Bristol’s largest employers based at four different sites across the city. The college offers a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student success though providing knowledge, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success isn’t possible without the commitment and dedication that every member of our staff demonstrates.
About the Role:
This role will appeal to qualified Heavy Vehicle Lecturers, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanics or Technicians who love what they do and would enjoy inspiring the students and apprentices to succeed.
You may have enjoyed teaching apprentices in your workshop or feel you have a talent for getting the best out of people. If so, this is an opportunity to develop those skills within our dedicated College-based workshop facilities working with students up to level 3 focusing on knowledge and practical skills.
The Lecturer will work with their Head of Department and lecturing team to ensure that City of Bristol College continues to be recognised for excellence in all that it does. The successful candidate will make a major contribution to the delivery of teaching and assessing of learners and their progression and achievement of level 2 and level 3 technical certificates.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
● Support and Facilitate the development of learner’s skills and Knowledge by engaging in classroom and workshop sessions.
● Prepare materials to support these classroom and workshops sessions in accordance with awarding body and the college quality assurance procedures.
● To undertake timetabled activities and to support learners through learner engagement, in practical and theory during block release settings.
● To work with Head of Department and Lecturing staff to develop new and innovative ways of teaching and learning applications across the curriculum.
● Liaising closely with the Head of Department regarding learners’ progress, welfare and attendance.
● Ensure that registers are kept up to date regarding attendance.
● Completing appropriate documentation and updating profiles and records of students as appropriate.
● Representing the College in promoting the value of a well trained workforce.
● Work effectively with team members to ensure consistent and timely practice.
● Participate in team meetings including standardization, performance, quality and communication meetings.
● Ensure that actions are carried out within timescales to ensure learners are on target for timely completion of qualification.
● Complete annual continued professional development (CPD) to ensure skills and knowledge are kept current.
● Be prepared to undertake study at the college to obtain a recognised teaching and assessing qualification.
Nice to have but not essential: –
Good IT skills
Life at City of Bristol College:
The City of Bristol College offer generous holiday entitlement of 35 days (pro rata for part time staff) with an additional 16 bank holiday and College closure days so you will have plenty of time to recharge your batteries. In addition we offer membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme as well as a range of other benefits.
So if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on our college website.
Closing date: Thursday 7 November 2019 (Midnight)
Interview date: Friday 15 November 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.