Area: A Levels
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 pro rata
Contract: Permanent, Part Time 0.89 FTE – 21.5 hours plus non-contact time
Location: College Green
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
About the Role:
City of Bristol College are looking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic Psychology Lecturer to join the A Level / Applied Science teams.
- Degree or equivalent in related subject area
- PGCE (or working towards)
- Proven ability to demonstrate a contribution towards the raising of retention and achievement for own programme/curriculum area
- Able to plan and present an appropriate, interesting and motivating scheme of work
- Knowledge of a range of methods which will motivate students to learn and make progress
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of x holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
So if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on our website
Closing date: Sunday 3 November 2019 (Midnight)
Interview date: Wednesday 20 November 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.