Salary: £28,616 to £35,770 pro rata
Contract: 1 day a week, permanent
Location: Advanced Engineering Centre (Stoke Gifford)
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Welder to join our dedicated team in the Engineering department on a part-time permanent basis. This position will be based at the Advanced Engineering Centre and will involve teaching and assessing learners to ensure they exceed targets. You will support learners in all aspects of their educational studies using innovation within your teaching and utilising e-learning opportunities where appropriate.
The role will involve teaching mechanical engineering topics predominately welding and fabrication to apprentices. You will need to demonstrate dedication to student achievement, commitment to quality and an appreciation of health & safety as well as a proactive approach to adapting to industry and curriculum change. Knowledge of
We are looking for someone with mechanical industrial experience and ideally be qualified to C&G / NVQ level 3 or equivalent to demonstrate the skills attributes. Holding a teaching and assessing qualification or the willingness to work towards achieving this would also be required.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, and will have a positive attitude towards developing their teaching skills and be confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Teacher’s Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th January 2022 (Midnight)
Interview date: TBC