Lecturer A Level History and Religious Studies
Tuesday and Friday afternoons
Hourly paid contract - £25.22 per hour Teaching Rate and £16.31 per hour Non-Teaching
Based at the St Albans Campus
Are you enthusiastic about motivating and inspiring students to fulfil their potential?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, high calibre A-Level Lecturer to teach A-Level History (Russian) and Religious Studies (Philosophy paper) for two half days, Tuesday and Friday afternoon. (Tuesday 3.30 - 5.30 and A2 RS class (Philosophy paper), Friday 12.45 - 2.45)
You will be part of a successful, supportive team with a good record of achievement where you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the future of our students, enabling them to progress on to higher education or employment.
In addition, you will be involved in the recruitment and induction of students to learning programmes. You will be required to assist in the development, design, review and evaluation of the A-level curriculum and associated learning materials. You may also be required to take on personal tutor duties as part of this role.
To be considered for this role, candidates need to hold the following: a degree in the relevant subject and a recognised Level 3 teaching qualification, although we welcome applications from graduates who are keen to pursue a teaching career.
Closing date: Sunday 31st October
Interview date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.