Business Area: Curriculum
Job Title: Lecturer
Salary Scale: £23,503 – £32,459
Location: Hopwood Hall College
Accountable to: Programme Manager
Hours of Duty: 35 hours per week
Special working conditions
The post holder may be required to work at any location of the College now or in the future in the evening and at weekends.
To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
1. To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
2. To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
3. To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
4. To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
5. To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
6. To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
7. To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
8. To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
9. To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
10. To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
11. To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
12. To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
13. To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
14. To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
15. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
16. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.