We are looking for an experienced Lecturer – Game Art (Design) to join the Buckinghamshire College Group based at our Aylesbury Campus and teach the next generation Game Art. You will be required to teach the core drawing and art skills on paper before taking them through developing their art skills digitally.
Key Skills we are looking for:
- A desire to work with teenagers and to support their artistic development into HE or employment.
- Demonstrable illustrative ability.
- An eye for detail and a head full of creative ideas.
- Creating concept art which helps to explore new ideas and approaches.
- Researching and exploring reference to support ideas.
- A strong and broad portfolio which demonstrates a natural eye for composition with a cinematic slant.
- Proven ability to deal with varying subject matter and tone, equally adept at creating strikingly beautiful imagery and gritty horror.
- Good communicator capable of exploring an idea visually.
- Able to work quickly to find the essence of an idea visually.
- Experience of creating concept art and other production materials for games, film, or TV. Bonus
- Experience producing storyboards for games, film or TV. Bonus
- Expert Photoshop skills.
- Knowledge of animation fundamentals.
- Ability to create striking imagery for online marketing.
- Work on briefs that will produce bespoke game content for the portfolio
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- 3D art skills - Bonus
The successful candidate will be required to:
- To contribute to Buckinghamshire College Group’s pursuit of excellence by delivering high quality, innovative teaching at all levels, appropriate to qualifications and experience.
- Use own current professional and academic experience to deliver aspirational, engaging learning opportunities that motivate student satisfaction and increase attainment.
- Promote high levels of student ambition leading to positive progression and excellent employer satisfaction. Work within identified team and elsewhere within the College as required.
We will encourage you to develop new skills and expand your opportunities within the college. We are also flexible and accommodating, allowing you to be as productive as possible. While working at Buckinghamshire College Group you can also take advantage of a host of employee benefits including:
- Pension scheme - TPS (23.68 % employers' contribution)
- 35 holiday entitlement & Additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Free onsite parking
- A wide range of learning - access to free training & continuous professional development
- Discounts in the Aylesbury Day Nursery & Aylesbury Salon Intuition
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
Here at Buckinghamshire College Group, we are passionate about helping people of all ages and abilities to achieve their learning goals and life aspirations. You will find a warm welcome at all of our campuses in; Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, where we are a thriving community of over 590 Staff and 7,000 students and we are sure that whatever your aspirations and career goals, we can help you to achieve them.
This College does one of the most important jobs in the country - educating people of all ages to help them to succeed in life and create the skills society needs. Moreover, we do it well. We have high standards, with good success rates for students and more students joining us each year.
Our staff are the most important resource that the College has in securing this success. We therefore value our staff highly and offer a competitive reward and benefits package.
We hope you will want to be part of Buckinghamshire College Group and we very much look forward to welcoming you.
Taking Teaching Further
The College actively engages with the Education & Training Foundation’s Taking Teaching Further scheme to recruit industry professionals to teach within Further Education.
As industry professionals offer our students industry experience and insight we support our unqualified teachers to learn ‘on the job’. You will be given full support throughout your development to fully qualified teacher status. Whilst in employment you would be enrolled onto the Level 3 Award in Education and training. After completion you can choose to move be onto our Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification. This is a great way for experienced professionals to achieve a recognised teaching qualification whilst in employment.
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCG is committed to equal opportunities for all, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff alike; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role.
Closing date for applications is the 16th February 2023, with interviews taking place on the 27th February.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient applications or source a suitable candidate. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Buckinghamshire College Group- Aylesbury Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.