Lecturer in A Levels and Access to HE (Psychology)
Full Time / Permanent
Based at the St Albans & Welwyn Garden City
Start Date September 2020
Salary banding £25,433 - £30,363 per annum – Depending on Experience, top end salary achievable after 2 years of employment – Teacher Training offered
Are you enthusiastic about motivating and inspiring students to fulfil their potential?
Oaklands College is situated in picturesque grounds in the heart of St Albans and also in Welwyn Garden City. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, high calibre Psychology and sociology Lecturer to teach A-Level Psychology and sociology on the Access to HE programmes.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic Lecturer who is dedicated to ensuring our students succeed. You will be part of a successful, supportive team with a good record of achievement where you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the future of our students, enabling them to progress on to higher education or employment.
In addition, you will be involved in the recruitment and induction of students to learning programmes. You will be required to assist in the development, design, review and evaluation of the A level and Access to HE curriculum and associated learning materials. You may also be required to take on personal tutor duties as part of this role.
To be considered for this role candidates need to hold the following, a Degree in Psychology and a recognised Level 3 teaching qualification, although we welcome applications from graduates who are keen to pursue a teaching career.
Oaklands offer a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the College. In additional to this we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
Closing Date: Sunday 16th August
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, Interviews may take place via Microsoft Teams on Friday 28th August, shortlisted candidates will be provided details of the interview.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.