Lecturer in AAT
Part Time 22.2 hours per week – Evening teaching required
Salary banding - £17,059 - £18,969 per annum – Depending on qualifications and experience (Salary pro rata from £28,433 - £31,615 – Full Time Salary)
Based at the St Albans Campus
Oaklands College are recruiting for an experienced Accounting / AAT Lecturer. In addition to daytime teaching, you will be required to teach 2 evenings a week. You will teach on all levels of AAT programmes, but with a particular emphasis on Level 3 and Level 4. You will be expected to prepare lessons, assess student work and provide them with developmental feedback, track student progress, and support students’ success.
You must be confident in delivering the following units in particular:
Level 3 Synoptic (use of spreadsheets/Ethics); Management Accounts
Level 4 – Financial Statements of Ltd Companies, Personal Tax, Business Tax, Management Accounts units and Synoptic.
The ideal candidate will have an AAT qualification and a recognised teaching qualification, alongside relevant AAT teaching experience up to level 4. We will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
The College is a friendly environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Sunday 18th April
Interviews will take place remotely via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided details of the interview.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata for hours worked plus 8 days bank holiday
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.