x1 Lecturer in Access to HE and Teacher Education
(37 hours per week / 52 weeks per year)
x1 0.5 Lecturer in Access to HE and Teacher Education
(18.5 hours per week / 52 weeks per year)
Salary Information for Lecturing Staff
Unqualified Range scale points 15-21 (£19,655 - £23,345)
Qualified Range scale points 23-31 (£24,766- £31,336)
Are you an experienced educator who has a passion for what they do?
Can you engage with others, inspiring them to achieve great results?
Do you want to make a difference?
Can you be the spark that ignites someones future career?
Do you want to start a career with an organisation that cares about their people and wants to make a real difference?
If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you to become an inspirational lecturer and to start your career with The Sheffield College.
The Sheffield College
We are looking for passionate team players who can bring added dimension to an already thriving adult education team. As a lecturer within the Academy of Access and Teacher Education you will contribute to the design of our courses and implement these plans through inspiration teaching, learning and assessment. As one of the country’s largest Access to HE provider we take pride in our approach to learning and celebrate our successes as we continually strive to achieve the very best for students.
• Deliver quality teaching and learning
• Participate in departmental and cross college events
• Support all students to achieve their goals
• Exhibit good IQA practices in all aspects of work
• Support the team, Curriculum Team Leaders and Head of Academy to ensure the continued success and growth of the area
Skills and Qualifications (Ideal, however do not be put off by these, if you have the experience and the drive we can support)
• GCSE English Language and Maths (Grade C/4 or above) or other Level 2 equivalent
• Relevant industry/academic qualifications that relate to working within an adult education environment or one of our many subject areas within the academy.
• The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Access to HE qualifications, their delivery and regulation.
• Teacher qualification or a willingness to work towards one.
• 42 days annual leave entitlement (37 days annual leave plus 5 discretionary days)
• Auto enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Free car parking
• Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts.
Closing Date: 19th July 2020
Shortlisting Date: 24th July 2020
Interview Date: 3rd August 2020
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to ‘transform your life through learning’.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
The Sheffield College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.