The purpose of this role is to:
• Deliver outstanding Aviation Engineering provision to a wide range of full-time learners, through an exceptional student experience leading to positive achievement outcomes.
• Undertake a range of administrative and development duties that contributes to improving standards and achievements and the learner experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Deliver and teach aviation engineering subjects to Level 2 and 3 full time students to agreed success targets.
• Regularly review and monitor the attendance and progress of learners and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their targets.
• Carry out, collate and feedback initial and/or diagnostic assessments to identify students’ ILP and support as required, providing differentiated learning strategies to enable students to achieve their primary learning goal.
• Provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
• Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback.
• Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of aviation engineering including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities.
• Update and maintain electronic documentation to support teaching and learning, assessment and tracking of learner progress.
• Attend curriculum meetings and contribute to the continual quality improvement mechanisms (e.g. maintenance of course files, timely updating of ILPs on ProMonitor).
• Develop quality resources (including e-resources) which support the development of aviation engineering skills.
• Actively develop and use new technology in teaching, learning and assessment.
• Prepare and enter learners for exams in a timely basis.
• Liaise with the Curriculum area and Heads of School including attending IV and standardisation meetings.
• Actively support the embedding of aviation engineering into vocational area and participate in curriculum development regarding the teaching and learning of aviation engineering skills.
• Keep up to date with current developments and adapt to changes in the aviation engineering sector.
• Share in responsibility for ensuring good standards of student’s behaviour and take appropriate disciplinary action when liaising with course tutors.
• Take an active part in the recruitment of learners providing appropriate advice and guidance.
• Liaise whenever appropriate with feeder schools and support agencies.
• Contribute to the advice and guidance and assessment of prospective learners, e.g. student interviews and open days.
• Contribute to course marketing activities.
Telford College of Arts and Technology is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.