Lecturer in Biology A Levels and Science
Part Time – 0.7 FTE
Salary banding - £17,803 - £20,030 per annum – Depending on experience and qualifications. Salary pro rata from £25,433 - £28,615
Based across the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City Campus
Fixed Term Contract up until June 2022
Are you passionate about Science? Are you enthusiastic about motivating and inspiring students to fulfil their potential?
This is an exciting opportunity to work across our St Albans and Welwyn Garden City campus. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, high calibre Biology lecturer for A Levels and Level 3 Science.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic lecturer who is dedicated to ensuring our students succeed. You will be part of the team to develop and drive the numeracy strategy of the college and have the opportunity to make a real difference to the future of our students, enabling them to progress on to higher education or employment.
In addition, you will be involved in the recruitment and induction of students to learning programmes. You will be required to assist in the development, design, review and evaluation of the Biology curriculum and associated learning materials. You may also be required to take on personal tutor duties as part of this role.
We welcome applications from graduates who are keen to pursue a teaching career. The college offers a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the college. In additional to this we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
The college offers a structured induction programme for all teachers. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. The college is a friendly environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th June - Early applications are considered as the advert may close before the closing date.
Remote Interview: Friday 9th July
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.